|OpenVPN installer||wget https://git.io/vpn -O openvpn-install.sh && bash openvpn-install.sh|
|List of Installed Packages||dpkg –get-selections | grep -v deinstall > ~/Desktop/packages|
|wget|| wget -A pdf,jpg -m -p -E -k -K -np http://site/path/
This will mirror the site, but the files without
|Correct permissions /var/www||sudo adduser $USER www-data
sudo chown $USER:www-data -R /var/www
sudo chmod +0775 -R /var/www
How to get past your own defenses and learn to build a real relationship.
While many of us may have sensed it intuitively, there is now science behind the statement that “Love is all you need.” A 75-year longitudinal study by Harvard researchers suggests that love is indeed key to a happy and fulfilling life.
While love seems to be a universally valued attribute, defining it in behavioral terms can be a challenge. As the Harvard study’s lead researcher, Dr. George Vaillant, wrote of his team‘s findings, two essential ingredients are proven to correlate with a happy existence: “One is love. The other is finding a way of coping with life that does not push love away.” Continue reading
ran into the exact same problem trying to setup seafile with HTTPS on my new Cubietruck (Cubieboard 3).
The problem is that there’s no pre-compiled binary for arch ‘armhf’ in the repos. So it must be compiled.
And I solved it like this:
apt-get install apache2-threaded-dev cdbs debhelper dpatch libapr1-dev libtool pkg-config apt-get -b source libapache-mod-fastcgi dpkg -i libapache2-mod-fastcgi*.deb # Enable the module if not already done a2enmod fastcgi
I’m tired of those “How to Deal With a Borderline” articles. Here’s a real guide.
1. Mood swings. This is essentially the defining feature of BPD. Be prepared for aggression and joy in rapid succession; be prepared for sudden screaming and sudden laughter. But remember: we probably don’t mean it when we yell at you. Ask us to explain why we’re acting the way we’re acting. We want – need – your understanding and support.
2. Projection. When we’re upset, we may project our frustration onto you and irrationally feel attacked by you even if you feel you’ve done nothing wrong (and you probably haven’t). Calmly explain that you aren’t trying to hurt us and that we need to try to relax, while still being conscious and considerate of our feelings. We react more strongly and deeply to objectively insignificant events, and no matter how melodramatic our reactions seem to you, they’re rational in our minds.
3. Attention seeking. If we’re close to you, we want your constant and unwavering attention and devotion. It can and will become overwhelming and we can and will act out to get your attention. Reassure us that you aren’t going to leave us and that you’re here for us, but you need your space just like everyone else. We’ll probably understand. Continue reading
Always an actor first and celebrity second, Jeff Daniels has appeared in scores of films over the last three decades and change without ever commanding a superstar level of attention — but as even a cursory glance at his filmography makes clear, he has a marvelous knack for choosing projects, one that extends to his work on the stage (where he’s earned a Tony nomination) and the small screen (where he won an Emmy for his work on The Newsroom). Let’s Celebrate, we’ve decided to turn our attention to his most critically beloved efforts.
#10 Fly Away Home (1996)
Action, Adventure, Drama, Family
Little kids and animals often trigger Cuteness Overload warnings for filmgoers over the PG-13 age barrier, and that can be especially true for sun-dappled dramas starring grizzled Hollywood veterans playing emotionally broken parents fumbling to reconnect with their children while also racing against time to solve some critical little kid/animal dilemma. Pretty much all of those boxes are ticked in 1996’s Fly Away Home, but the end result is affecting enough to tug a few strings in all but the hardest of hearts — due in large part to a pair of top-shelf performances from Jeff Daniels and Anna Paquin, starring here as a father-daughter duo who move beyond their painful past in order to save a flock of geese. Saying that the movie’s “tender beauty… goes well beyond what might be expected from a movie about things that hatch,” Janet Maslin of the New York Times applauded director Carroll Ballard for turning “a potentially treacly children’s film into an exhilarating ’90s fable” and added, “See it and you will never look at a down comforter in quite the same way.
Synopsis: Amy is only 13 years old when her mother is killed. She goes to Canada to live with her father, an eccentric inventor whom she barely knows. Amy is miserable in her new life… until she discovers a nest of goose eggs that were abandoned when a local forest is torn down. The eggs hatch and Amy becomes “Mama Goose”. When Winter comes, Amy, and her dad must find a way to lead the birds South… Continue reading
With the kernel’s iptables completely empty (iptables -F), this will do what you ask:
# iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT # iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -s 127.0.0.0/8 -j ACCEPT # iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j DROP
This says that all LAN addresses are allowed to talk to TCP port 22, that localhost gets the same consideration (yes, 127.* not just 127.0.0.1), and packets from every other address not matching those first two rules get unceremoniously dropped into the bit bucket. You can use REJECT instead of DROP if you want an active rejection (TCP RST) instead of making TCP port 22 a black hole for packets. Continue reading
Taking a clue from this, I realized the problem is not in the mouse, but rather in the system. So I’ve changed from the Apple Bluetooth Adapter driver (installed by BootCamp — my version is 3.2) to the Generic Bluetooth Adapter driver and now the idle wakeup delay is minimal, barely noticeable.
To do this:
- Open the Device Manager (Start | search for “Device Manager”)
- Expand “Bluetooth Radios”
- Double-click the “Apple Bluetooth Adapter”
- Chose the Driver tab
- Click Update Driver
- Select “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- Select the “Generic Bluetooth Adapter”
- Click OK and wait while it installs. It might take a little time, but in the end, all of your Bluetooth devices should be available.