- Install dependencies:
sudo apt-get install perl gcc g++ make automake libtool autoconf m4
- Create a user for the PocketMine server:
sudo adduser pocketmine
- Log in as the
pocketmineuser and go to its home directory:
- Download and run the PocketMine installer script:
wget -q -O - http://get.pocketmine.net/ | bash
The installation will take several minutes.
Running PocketMine Server
- Run the
start.shscript within a GNU-screen instance:
If you’ve used
suto switch to the pocketmine user, you will get an error message stating
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/0' - please check.when attempting to start screen. You can resolve this by first running the command:
PocketMine may not run properly on systems not running PHP7. You can manually install it, or modify
start.sh, replacing all instances of
sed -i -e 's/php7/php5/g' start.sh
- The set-up wizard will begin by asking you to select a language. Enter the two-character value for your language of choice, or just press return for English.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[*] PocketMine-MP set-up wizard [*] Please select a language: English => en Español => es 中文 => zh Pyccĸий => ru 日本語 => ja Deutsch => de 한국어 => ko Nederlands => nl Français => fr Italiano => it Melayu => ms Norsk => no Svenska => sv Suomi => fi Türkçe => tr [?] Language (en):
yto accept the license agreement:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Welcome to PocketMine-MP! Before starting setting up your new server you have to accept the license. PocketMine-MP is licensed under the LGPL License, that you can read opening the LICENSE file on this folder. This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. [?] Do you accept the License? (y/N):y
- The set-up wizard will ask if you would like to skip ahead. If you would like to configure additional non-standard options, press return. Otherwise, you can enter
yto skip the remainder of the wizard:
[?] Do you want to skip the set-up wizard? (y/N): y
You are now at the PocketMine console. You can type
helpto see all available commands, and begin using your new server!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
23:16:35 [INFO] Starting Minecraft: PE server version v0.10.5 alpha 23:16:35 [INFO] Loading pocketmine.yml... 23:16:35 [INFO] Loading server properties... 23:16:35 [INFO] Starting Minecraft PE server on 0.0.0.0:19132 sh: 1: ifconfig: not found 23:16:36 [INFO] This server is running PocketMine-MP version 1.4.1-980 "絶好(Zekkou)ケーキ(Cake)" (API 1.11.0) 23:16:36 [INFO] PocketMine-MP is distributed under the LGPL License 23:16:36 [NOTICE] Level "world" not found 23:16:36 [INFO] Preparing level "world" 23:16:36 [NOTICE] Spawn terrain for level "world" is being generated in the background 23:16:36 [INFO] Starting GS4 status listener 23:16:36 [INFO] Setting query port to 19132 23:16:36 [INFO] Query running on 0.0.0.0:19132 23:16:36 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL 23:16:36 [INFO] Done (275.348s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
- You can detach from the PocketMine screen session with the command
d. To reattach, run:
Connecting to The Server
- Open Minecraft – Pocket Edition on your phone or tablet. Tap on Play:
- From the next screen, tap Edit, then External.
- Enter a name under
Server Name, and your Linode’s domain or IP address under
Address. When you’re done, tap Add Server:
- You can now connect to your server, and begin playing!
- From the plugin page, copy the Download Plugin link address:
- In your Linode terminal, while detached from your screen session, use
curlto download the plugin into the
cd /home/pocketmine/plugins curl -OJL http://forums.pocketmine.net/plugins/randomitem.203/download?version=1461
- Reattach to the screen session, and reload to activate the plugin:
screen -r reload
- Confirm that your plugin is loaded with the command
plugins 18:36:45 [INFO] Plugins (1): RandomItem v4.2
You may wish to consult the following resources for additional information on this topic. While these are provided in the hope that they will be useful, please note that we cannot vouch for the accuracy or timeliness of externally hosted materials.